- 10 & Under Division *Kids must be 6 years old to participate
- 11 & Above Division *Upper Age Limit is 16 Years Old
- Entry Fee: $10 per cooker
- Sign-Up Deadline is Friday at 4:30pm
- Each cooker must provide six (6) portions for presentation to the judges.
- Kids-Q Turn-In is Dessert
- Team's can use what they make the entry in/on, as their turn-in container
- The team's entry number MUST be included with the dessert entry at turn-in.
- Contest entries without a team entry number will not be judged.
- Garnish is "Anything Goes"
- Contest entries must be prepared on-site.
- Each Kids-Q entry is judged on (1) Appearance, (2) Taste, and (3) Tenderness.
- Kids-Q cookers are judged using a number system.
- The low end of the number system is 2 and the upper end of the number system is 9.
- Each cooker's score is tallied and totaled in each age group.
- The top 5 places in each age division are determined by the top 5 scores.
- Overall Score Tie-Breakers
- Tie Breaker Number One
- If there is a Tie in Overall Score, the higher score in the Taste Category determines the higher place finish.
- Tie-Breaker Number Two
- If there is a Tie in the Taste Category Score, the higher score in the Tenderness Category determines the higher place finish.
- Tie-Breaker Number Three
- If there is a Tie in the Tenderness Category Score, a coin flip determines the higher place finish.
- Money and awards given to the top 5 places in each age division
- 1st Place $100 + Award
- 2nd Place $75 + Award
- 3rd Place $50 + Award
- 4th Place $25
- 5th Place $10
- Prizes and Money are awarded during the Awards Ceremony on Saturday.
- COOK'S MEETING --- Friday --- 5:30pm --- Community Building.
- TURN-IN --- Friday --- 8:00pm --- Community Building.
Entry Form - Kids Q